Tuesday, December 7, 2010

CHRISTmas Treats

I saw these treats on this blog

http://www.mycomputerismycanvas.blogspot.com/
and they looked so easy to make I actually made them. They are so cute and taste great!

Cover your cookie sheet with wax paper. Fill your cookie sheet with square pretzels

Put a peppermint kiss on each one

I did it with hugs, kisses, & peppermint kisses. The plain kisses take a minute longer to melt so you want to put them on a sheet by themselves.
I put a few of each kind in a bag. On the back of the Nativity paper I wrote
Merry Christmas "Hugs and Kisses" The Lowe's

Preheat your oven to 170 degrees. Watching closely put them in for 5-6 min.(my oven took 8-9min) You want to soften the kiss but not melt it completely(or it turns into a big mess). When it is soft (but still holds it's "kiss" form) you can drop and slightly push an M&M on the top. With the M facing up. Let chill till the are hardened again and put in a cello bag and attach the M&M Nativity Legend. You can down load it for free from this site http://mycomputerismycanvas.blogspot.com/2010/11/m-nativity-legend-recipe-and-printable.html

4 comments:

Dave and Jenny McConnel said...

SOOOO Cute!!!

Nichole Lowe said...

Oh my gosh we are handing a bag of M&Ms along with that poem out to the sisters in our Relief society. That is so funny that you are doing that. I like the hugs and kisses idea, so cute. I hope you are doing better. IF you ever need to talk just call. I know what it is like.

Heather said...

I am so making these!!! Seems fast and makes a lot. Great idea. Thanks for sharing!!

Glad to read that you are feeling better too. So sorry....

saramichelle723 said...

I wasn't able to get the regular kisses to melt before they burned (those are the ones I was most excited about). Will they ever get melty like the peppermint kisses and the hugs or do I just need to press the m&m in more firmly?

Thanks,
Sara