Friday, November 26, 2010

The First Big Snow

On Tuesday the weather man said that Logan and other areas where going to have the biggest storm they have ever seen in a long time and it is suppose to start around 2-3pm, or at least I heard from husband. They let all the schools out early, even the collage, business and state services closed early. I went to fill the car with gas and moved some of our outdoor stuff to the garage.
That late afternoon it started to snow and it was really windy. I drove to my Mom's house in the snow, sliding all over. Our new car drives like crap in the snow, at least compared to our old Volvo cross country. So I didn't even get the kids out of the car. I went and told them goodnight and drove home thinking it would be snowing and blustery all day.
I woke up the next morning to find a good amount of snow on the ground but nothing more then the normal that usually happens a couple times a year. It was a huge disappointment.
The unfunny part is that of course Sean was working so I had to shovel it all. A sweet neighbor did come and plow out half of our driveway for me. Yea!
Keilei was SO excited. We got her all dressed up and went to play in the snow. She made snow angles that cover our yard. We even made a little mini snow man, it wouldn't stick together well so we didn't get to make a big one.
She loves playing in the snow and eating it. I don't have any pictures because I couldn't find my camera at the time.

1 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

I tell Kate is getting "winter" time here and she starts talking about the snow and saying yeah. Poor thing doesn't realize that doesn't happen here. I must admit I am glad I don't have to deal with shoveling it.