Thursday, July 15, 2010

Proud To Be An American

As scary as it is I am so PROUD of my older brother Mike who is in California right now training to get ready to go to Iraq...for the 2nd time!

The first time he left I was on my mission. So that was 2003, 7 years ago. I can't believe it has been that long. He went for over a year the first time and is going to be gone a year this time as well:(
He is leaving behind his wife and 6 kids so he can do his duty to ensure that we get to keep the luxuries that we have today & especially our freedom. I am so proud of my big brother for serving our country. It is always something I wanted to do, I almost enlisted when I was 17, but I never could get enough guts to sign that paper. But I am proud that my Dad, brother, & brother in laws' are braver then I am. I am especially grateful for my Dad for teaching me to be proud of our country and the people that made/make it great.
I also look up to my sister in law Dani, I could never handle what she has facing her for the next year.

So to all our country men & women in the military and their spouses, I salute you!
Thank You!

p.s. when you see someone in the military please give them your respect, and teach your children to do the same, they have earned it...and much more!

0 comments: