Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lovely Bones

So I heard all this hype about how great this book was. I had heard it was about a little girl that got murdered and solved her murder-ish. I also heard that it was a little disturbing. Lately I haven't had time to read much so I rented the movie.
I was highly disappointed. It was VERY disturbing. It gave me the creepy crawlies. It made me feel so gross the rest of the night. And every time I think of it today I feel like I need to sing a church hymn.
I have always been sensitive to scary things. I can literally feel the spirit leaving and the emptiness that is left behind. I have never been a big fan of ghost stories, scary or horror movies. I don't enjoy them at all, they leave me feeling horrible. And I know that when I feel that feeling it means it isn't right, that something is wrong, and I shouldn't be doing it or watching it. Needless to say I am never going to watch that again.

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

ooh, thanks for the heads up. i hadn't watched that yet, and hadn't heard anything about it really. i'll steer clear. thanks girly. :) sorry it was such a bad movie.

Missy said...

I've heard similar reviews for this movie. Thanks for the heads up!
I had a similar reaction when watching "The Ring" and I haven't watched it since although Kevin teases me about it all the time.