Thursday, April 22, 2010

How hard is it to say "HI"

My adorable and friendly daughter loves saying HI to everyone, at the store, people in their cars, on walks, everywhere. The problem is that only 1 in 15-20 people actually say HI back. I feel bad for Keilei she is just trying to be nice and it makes me angry at the people that just ignore her. Really, honestly, how hard is it to just say HI. I know occasionally you just don't notice till you have already walked by, I am guilty of that. But say HI it makes kids so happy. It is a simple gesture and it makes the world a friendlier place.

So the next time you pass a little kid and they say HI to you do yourself and the kid a favor and say HI back!

4 comments:

Missy said...

that's really sad! I don't know why anyone wouldn't say hi back...weird.

The Coons Family said...

That's horrible! I'm with you... how hard is it to say hi back to a KID! She's not trying to sell you anything...good grief! It's gonna brighten your day, cuz the kid is going to love it!

Jake, Holly, McKenzie, Brady and the dog Molly said...

for real! I ALWAYS wave and smile at little kids! maybe its cuz im a mom...

Shawna said...

Jocelyn is the same way but I don't think she cares if they don't say anything back. She'll just keep saying it :)I hope they stay friendly and outgoing!