Friday, March 19, 2010

Young Womens

So I forgot to post that I got a new calling.
I am the Young Women's Second counselor !!!
(I used to be the Laurel's Advisor, just in case you didn't know)
I am so happy I get to stay in YW's and get to work with great girls and leaders! It makes me SO SO SO happy. Other then the normal goals of getting girls more active and having them get their personal progress done I have one main(personal) goal...
Every year our stake has stake girls camp, never just ward camp. They also go to the exact same place every year, Cinnamon Creek, which is only 30-45 mins south of Logan. It is still in the valley. Now don't get me wrong it is a beautiful place but every year!?! Especially when we are surrounded by mountains and awesome destinations.
And guess where we are going for Youth Conference this year?...Yep you guessed it, Cinnamon Creek...AGAIN! Seriously is no one creative or do they just not want to put forth the effort for these kids?
I know when I was in YW's I always looked forward to camp it was so exciting and it is a chance to get girls that don't usually come to come. I just want that for the girls I work with now. I feel they are being deprived of something so fun that they will remember for the rest of their lives. I know I remember each of my camp years.
I have gone to Willow Flats ID twice or was it three times , somewhere around Tremonton in a grove of trees in the middle of a bunch of farm fields-blah, Waterton/Cardston Canada, & Bear Lake. I also went somewhere in Montana/Wy for a youth confrence trek. I bet you can guess which one sticks out most in my memory:)
I talk to my husband. He went to Durango, CO twice, Moab twice, he also went to a college and stayed a few days on campus for a Youth conference. And a bunch of other places. (He is from Tempe, AZ fyi)

...So my goal is to take our girls somewhere new, somewhere fun, somewhere they can have exciting experiences. (and before any of the laurels graduate so they can at least get to go to one new place!)
Wish us luck

2 comments:

The Coons Family said...

That's AWESOME!! Congrats!

Shawna said...

That is exactly what happened to me about three years ago! I was a Laurel advisor and was called to be the 2nd Counselor. Good luck, Beehives are so different than Laurel's! Your kids are so cute and you have inspired me to work on some crafty projects before my little one comes! Wish me luck :)