Sunday, March 14, 2010

Good Deals

Tuna

You might think I am crazy for writing about this but it made me happy when I discovered it. Walmart now has great value tuna. I bought some, being the cheap skate that I am, and was amazed at the quality! It was the cheapest kind in the store and it's leaps and bounds better then any of the other tuna I have tried. It isn't all water logged and mushy. I am a huge fan.

Before

This is a hand me down t-shirt, so I didn't pay a cent for it. I saw an iron on that at JoAnn's that I wanted to put on it but it was $4. I had a 40% off coupon but even then I wasn't willing to pay $2 for it either. So I did my own embellishment.

Piece of felt: .25 cents
Thread: .37 cents
Jersey knit fabric: free
Iron on sheet: $4 ( I know what you are thinking but it is a huge sheet, I was planning on buying some anyway, and I have a few more plain t-shirts I want to embellish so I thought it was worth it.)
The fabric was a sheet, also a hand me down, that didn't quite fit Keilei's mattress. I was already using part of it for another project and it matched perfect.
After

After

Granted it took me a little more time then I had expected, gathering jersey knit is not fun, I think it turned out really cute. I wouldn't put this much effort into a t-shirt very often but once in awhile it is fun. I can't wait to try it on her.

1 comments:

The Coons Family said...

Very Cute and Resourceful!