Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sick Mom

Is it totally horrible of me to think that sometimes I wish I didn't have kids. Now don't get me wrong I love them with all my heart and wouldn't give them up for anything. But sometimes I wish I was back in that stage of life where I didn't have kids yet. You know when you could work out when ever you wanted to, go grocery shopping without having to worry about getting a babysitter, go to bed and wake up when you wanted. And of course the reason I wrote this in the first place being able to spend all day in bed sleeping when you feel so horrible that that is all you want to do.
I hate being sick, but I especially hate being sick when I have kids to take care of and a husband that isn't home. I have no idea how my Mother had 13 kids. Granted she is like Sean and hardly ever gets sick. I can't help but think that the only way she did it is because the older kids helped with the younger ones, but even then I know that doesn't relieve all of the motherly duties not even close. All I can say it that she crazy and has more energy then anyone else I know.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh sweetie, I can take Keilei anytime you need. I don't think Rush would like me very much for very long, otherwise I would take him too.
Let me know. xoxo

Jake, Holly, McKenzie, Brady and the dog Molly said...

oh i hear ya..its tough being the wife of a firefighter! and I always get sick when jake is at work, not when he is home for 4 days...dang git hope you feel better. And don't feel bad about wanting the past back once in a while. i would never trade my life either, but I sure do wish sometimes I would have treasured the time when It was just jake and I...sleeping, eating hot meals, staying out late, going out whenever invited without babysitters..ya know..ah..life.

Nichole Lowe said...

Sorry to hear your were sick. I always say that God should have made us immune once we started having kids. It does stink not being able to lay around but it does get easier as your kids get older. As for everything else, well you learn to cope the best way you can. Good luck!