Sunday, May 31, 2009

Keilei's Burned Finger

This is some of the progression of Keilei's burned finger. The progression is good I just feel so bad because it is starting to hurt her more and I think it will continue to hurt worse as it heals and she gets new skin on it.
I have Sean wrap it all the time. We have to wash it with soap 2 times a day and re wrap it. Then let her move it and bend it in the bath. So we change it at least 3 times a day, that is if she doesn't pull it off at all. But soon Sean will have to go back to work and I will have to do it. I don't mind looking at her sore, it doesn't make me sick or anything, I just know that it hurts her and I hate that. And since the burn is on both sides of her finger we have to cut and make a make shift band aid that will pad both sides.
At first the inside of her burn was all white, it went deep down

Then it started looking better with color in it, which is good
You can't tell but the top burn is a little crater

You can't tell by the angle but the inside is still red it even bleed a little the other day for the first time. But the top layer of skin is lifting up and starting to come off.

The flaking of the top layer of skin is coming off on the whole top of her finger. You can't really tell my camera doesn't take good close ups of small things.

1 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

Poor Keilei. Glad she is getting better though. I am glad you had fun on your vacation. It looks beautiful. We will have to go there sometime. It is fun to just get away as a family though and just enjoy each other. I love it when Ryan and I do that.