Sunday, December 28, 2008

Crafts - Presents

Now that Christmas is over I can post the pics of some crafts I did for the holidays without spoiling someones surprise. I thought they all turned out really well, at least in my options, I hope they liked them.
First Family Trees -was for our gifts to our Mom's. I saw this in a magazine, Pottery Barn I think, and I thought I could do that. I definitely couldn't afford the one in the magazine. So all I had to do was by some cute paper, a leaf punch, and draw an outline of a tree and wha-la (oh and a frame)....

Tamara Lowe Family Tree
Lofland Family Tree

This is closer up of the leaves. You can't really tell but the paper I used on the leaves is all crinkled and different shades, they also aren't flat on the paper they are raised a little.
Second General gifts- This is what I made to give away to everyone instead of treat platters. So these went to friends, YW, Home teachers, neighbors, etc. They are basically a scrapbook page wrapped around a giant candy bar. Since I had a lot to give out I just made about 10 wraps and then just color copied them! I still have the originals in case I want to use them next year. The cool thing about these is you can do the cover for any occasion like a Birthday, Valentines, etc.

This is a closer up of what they look like off and on the candy bars


( Nichole if one looks familiar it is because I stole your design from your Christmas card, Sorry, What can I say you are you have the cutest ideas:)

Third Snowman Kits-I found these cool little kits that had Snowman eyes, bow tie, buttons, a carrot nose, top hat, etc. so I bought a few. I spray painted some old food storage cans(#10 I think) painted a face on them. Then bought some hats and stuck it on the top and there you have it. A cute little snowman kit.

Fourth Pasta Salad- I know this isn't a craft but I have a goal to try to cook for my Hubby and since he doesn't like what I know how to cook this was a new attempt. It turned out great we both loved it. It is just bow tie pasta with olives, mozzarella & Parmesan cheese, 1/2 can of chopped up stewed garlic herb tomatoes, some "Roasted red pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing" by Kraft and grilled chicken slices.
I wanted to put sun dried tomatoes in but we didn't have any and also some green bell pepper but one again we didn't have any. But it still turned out "Amazing" as Sean said. That is definitely the first time he has used that word in relation to my cooking. Oh it is also great to eat either hot or cold.

2 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

Ok first off you are so talented. We all loved the family tree you gave mom. I don't know how you do it. Your stuff always looks so cute. Anytime you feel like making extras and sending them my way that will be fine. (hint, hint :)) Second I wouldn't have even picked up on the candy bar wrapper unless you would have said something, so cute. It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. We missed you. I know what you mean about the Christmas blues once it is all done. It is such a buzz killer.

Missy said...

You are SO creative! I love those gift ideas, especially the family tree:)I think I'm going to attempt more of a handmade Christmas next year and see what happens....