Monday, July 28, 2008

Bears & Bats

Caution this will be a lot of pictures
Well first off the Bear is for Bear Lake where my family had their reunion. It was just my immediate Lofland family. There was 34 of us give or take a couple. We had a ton of fun. We went to the lake everyday, got famous Bear Lake raspberry shakes, went to Minnetonka cave, played games, ate & visited (in between chasing around kid) That was about the gist of it. My Mom rented a big cabin for us all to stay in...yes that is right ALL in the same cabin, that is how my family is.
I have a bunch of pictures. You know that crazy aunt who always has a camera in her hand, yeah that is me. Here are some...

Us at Bear Lake

Kayla, Me, Lori & Keilei


This is Bear Lake I took the pictures side by side it took four picture to get it all and that is a veiw from on top of the mountain this is only two of them. It is a pretty big lake.This is in the morning in the aftenoon the lake looks really blue.
Having morning devotional
Minnetonka Cave: The cave was 30 mins away from the cabin. We drove up, 2 vans & a car, Friday around 3 and they said they where full until 6:30 so we had to pass it was too long to wait with all those kids so we went home. The next day on Sat. Sean drove up by himself and bought all the tickets for the 4:30 tour then came back to the cabin and returned with us all to go at 4:30. It was a lot more effort then we planned on, and a lot more kids, but it was still really fun. The first day when I was driving one of the vans of kids back I looked down the road and said to my sister, "Is that what I think it is" looking at the big brown blob in the road. She said "yes". So I slowed down. There was a moose standing in the middle of the road. It moved to the bushed and as i slowly passed you could still see the moose on the side of the road in the bushes. This pic is waiting to go in the cave..Lots of kids. The tour was an hour and a half and it was 40 degrees inside. At the end of the cave they turn off the lights and you can't see your hand in front of your face even after your eyes adjusted.
A lot of my nieces and nephews, but not all.
The pretty walk to and from the cave




Stalactites, "cave bacon", "soda staws" & "Cave popcorn" A cave full of all kinds of "food" :)

Tony Grove: On our way home on Sun we took a short detour to Tony grove, I wanted Sean to see it. It is so beautiful and peaceful and I wanted to help him get more acquainted with Logan Canyon. There is almost always moose up there too I think this was one of the few times I didn't see one while we where there.
Pretty wild flowers on the way to Tony Grove, Keilei's cheesy grin...look at those thunder thighs.
Now to the Bats: Sean, I, & Matt were watching a movie last night when my dad stuck his head in the room and said"I have a problem" I thought that he was going to ask us to turn down our movie so he could sleep since his room is next door. So i asked and he said no that wasn't it and repeated that he had a problem. He went on to say he had a bat in his room and at the moment it was in a plant but he need help getting the screen off and the bat out it. Sean and Dad got him out with out incident. The next day my nephews found the bad out side on the ground while mowing the lawn. I took this picture of it we have no idea what happened to his wing but he couldn't move and was squealing so unfortunately we had to but it out of it misery. I didn't do it but I still felt so bad for it.

1 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

It looks like you all had a great time. Bear Lake is gorgeous. We will have to make a trip up there when I visit. We are going to try and see Sean today while he packs up the truck. We will miss you guys. :(